- Excellence in Curriculum Innovation in Entrepreneurship
The purpose of this award is to recognize an institution that demonstrates exemplary commitment to, and success in, developing and offering innovative educational courses and / or programs that foster entrepreneurship education across the institution.
- 2017 Finalists: University of North Carolina at Greensboro, the University of Michigan Medical School, and Purdue University.
- Excellence in Student Engagement in Entrepreneurship
The purpose of this award is to recognize an institution that encourages student leadership and engagement in developing innovative extra and co-curricular activities that support the development of entrepreneurial awareness, skills and practice.
- 2017 Finalists: Kent State University, Ohio University and the University of New Hampshire
- The Entrepreneurial University
The purpose of this award is to recognize an institution that demonstrates excellence in both the Curriculum Innovation in Entrepreneurship and Student Engagement in Entrepreneurship categories. This institution must provide evidence that support for entrepreneurial programs and initiatives are integrated across the institution's strategic plan.
- 2017 Finalists: Ryerson University, Northeastern University and Cornell University.
- Exemplary Practice in Technology Commercialization
The purpose of this award is to recognize an institution that has developed and delivered a comprehensive program that helps accelerate innovations from the laboratory and research into commercialization.
- 2017 Finalists: Georgia Research Alliance, University of South Florida and Case Western Reserve University.
- Outstanding Contributions to Advancing Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Higher Education
The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual who has demonstrated extraordinary achievements to entrepreneurship in higher education. The recipient of this award should be known for leadership activities, service, and/or contributions to advancing the field of entrepreneurship in higher education.
- 2017 Finalists: University of Akron Research Foundation, the University of Michigan Medical School and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
This year’s finalists have been invited to present a poster that highlights their accomplishments during the awards ceremony.
The Award recipients will be announced at the Award Ceremony at the Deshpande Symposium on June 13th.
2017 Awards Selection Committee
President Subra Suresh, Carnegie Mellon University; President Joseph Aoun, Northeastern University; Chancellor Jacqueline Moloney, University of Massachusetts Lowell; Michael Crow, President, Arizona State University; Desh Deshpande, Deshpande Foundation and Raj Melville, Deshpande Foundation